Where your money goes
Komen Missouri is the local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and educational awareness in Missouri and Southern Illinois. Through its 2018-2019 community grants, Komen Missouri is investing $522,000 in education, diagnosis, treatment and support programs in our 38-county service area. Since it was founded in 1999, Komen Missouri has invested more than $30 million in local breast health agencies and organizations.
Komen Missouri grants 75 percent of all net proceeds to community programs that make a positive difference in the lives of those living with this deadly disease.
During the 2018-2019 grant cycle, Komen Missouri funding provided:
- 2,700 people with breast health education
- 1,300 no-cost screening mammograms for medically under served residents
- 650 people with breast cancer diagnostic services
- 962 breast cancer patients with treatment assistance including transportation services to medical appointments, medical care, prostheses, and case management
- 81 breast cancers were detected in people who otherwise may not have had access to this life-saving information who are now able to seek treatment
The remaining 25 percent of net funds were invested in the Susan G. Komen Grants Program managed at the national level. To learn more about Susan G. Komen’s research investment, click here. In its 20-year history Komen Missouri is honored to have contributed over $10 million solely toward research.
Questions about Komen Missouri grants? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our 2018-2019 Impact Report Here